This morning I decided to post a different breakfast or dessert recipe every week! Byron and I both agreed that our pancake recipe was probably the most popular with repeat guest and on our menu once a week. With the Labor Weekend upon us I thought it a perfect time to share while you may have family visiting or wanting a special treat for yourself.
Why we love our Pancake Recipe
A homemade pancake represents so much and here are our thoughts-
- when you make a homemade pancake recipe, it almost always includes a slower pace of life and a special family gathering.
- when you make a homemade pancake recipe it represents the love you feel for those eating it
- a homemade pancake is just so much better then the chain breakfast eateries- so sorry IHOP and Cracker Barrel but our recipe is much better then yours
- when you add fresh blueberries or raspberries to your recipe it brings breakfast to a whole new level
- when you eat a homemade pancake it sometimes represents being at a special bread and breakfast such as the Captain Freeman Inn or Brewster by the Sea
Why do our homemade pancakes taste so good?
- it’s all about the butter. We use unsalted butter in the recipe and to cook them on the skillet and top them off with salted butter- gotta love our butter!
- our recipe includes fresh buttermilk which just adds that perfect flavor
- our recipe separates the eggs with the yolk going into the buttermilk and the whites being whipped and added last- this makes them light and fluffy
- wild blueberries added to your pancake before they are flipped is our favorite combination
- the pancake HAS to be served with Pure Maple Syrup. Nothing worse then a Maple Syrup substitutes
- all pancakes should be served hot. My mom was always a stickler for food being hot and I totally agree.
- if the chef is busy making homemade pancakes one treat is to take one hot off the grill, spread it with butter, roll it up and instant heaven for the cook!
Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs, large separated
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- In a large bowl sift the flour with the baking soda and salt
- In two separate bowls separate the eggs. Add buttermilk to the yolks and beat well. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and beat well. Fold in the butter. Fold in the egg whites
- Heat grill to 350 and butter well when hot. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter onto the grill. Add blueberries or raspberries to each pancake. When the batter bubbles flip. Cook until both sides are lightly browned
The next time you are at the grocery store include some buttermilk and sweet wild blueberries in your basket. Then when family is visiting or you just feel like a special treat you will be prepared.
Happy Labor Day weekend!