Yes, these delicious cookies really are outrageous and very easy to make! We recently made a batch and shared with our neighbors. Byron and I quickly realized that we should have made a double batch as we were arguing over who got the last one. Care to try other cookie recipes for your Bed and Breakfast?
Outrageous Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter 1 cup
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon Plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Dark Belgium chocolate cut into small chunks
- coarse sea salt sprinkled on top
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside. In a small glass bowl whisk together the eggs, vanilla and yogurt. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Watch very carefully – when the butter begins to bubble and foam whisk continually until it turns a light brown color and you can smell a nutty aroma. Make sure it does not burn. Immediately transfer to a bowl and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Once cool, add the butter to your stand mixer (you can also use an electric hand held mixer) and beat on medium speed with the sugars until well combined, about 1 minute. On low speed add the egg mixture until combined and then slowly add the flour mixture. Do not over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips. Chill for 2-3 hours in the frig. Preheat oven to 350. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop dough on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 7-11 minutes until golden brown. Cool the cookies for 5 minutes and add the coarse salt.
only last comment- YUM!